Not just a school
At our teacher training college theoretical knowledge
is blended with hands-on experiences.
We emphasise a learning by doing approach
and practice community living.
Our aim is to train progressive teachers who can
respond to the challenges of our time.
Outline of the DNS Bachelor of Pedagogy programme:
· The European Reality ·
- Experience & influence a local community
- Live in a European city with your team
- Learn from the working class
- Create campaigns to promote sustainability, peace & education in your local community
· The School Reality ·
- Learn the trade of a teacher
- Teach in a school in Denmark
- Create projects with your students
- Learn about pedagogical theories
- Hone your skills to become a non-traditional teacher
Tell me more...
Kamal Ahamada graduated from DNS in 2009. In this video, he shares some insights into the DNS experience and how it influences his work as a teacher and community leader today.
“I think I got used to unknown things…. and I now have the power to survive in any kind of situation, to figure out some kind of solution… I am kind of prepared for everything. But I miss my team!”
“People are different and have different boundaries. DNS helped me to realize that everybody has different limits, and we cannot ask everybody to do the same. This is what I use also a lot when I’m teaching.”