Frequently asked questions
Have another question? Please don’t hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need to sit an entrance exam / admission test?
Do I need to speak English?
However, you do not need a certificate of any kind to start the DNS programme.
If you really want to start the programme, and your English is poor, we suggest that you take an English course in your country prior to starting at DNS. If you have the basics and are able to communicate, you will improve during the programme, since English is the common language at DNS.
Can I get a scholarship?
Am I eligible to join DNS?
- Are you 18 years or above?
- Do you hold an EU passport?
- Have you completed 12 years of school? (Do you have A’ level, matura, abitur, bac, HF, lukio of equivalent?)
- If you have taken heavy drugs in the past, have you been clean for at least 18 months?
- If you have had a serious cannabis smoking habit, have you been clean for at least 18 months?
If you can answer “YES” to all of the above, you are eligible for DNS.
Can I come for a visit?
Please contact email@example.com to book a visit.
Can I volunteer at DNS?
What is the recognition of the DNS programme?
DNS · The Necessary Teacher Training College, in cooperation with One World University in Mozambique, offers a 4-year teacher training programme ending with a university degree, “Licentiate of Pedagogy”, which is equivalent to a Bachelor of Pedagogy.
What does it cost?
The first year starts with a 4-month study trip to Western Africa. Therefore, students need to earn money to cover the expenses for the first year before the programme starts. Most students do this by joining the Saving Up Pre-Course. Other students already have savings (or are supported by their parents) so they are able to pay tuition for the first year on their own.
The tuition fee for the first year is 60.000 DKK, which is roughly €8.000, which most prospective students can manage to save up in 6 – 12 months, depending on circumstances.
To enrol DNS you need to pay an enrolment fee of €1.000 which covers enrolment expenses.
Read more on the page Fees & Finance.
I am only 16 but I really like the idea of DNS. What can I do?
There are scholarship opportunities at PTG, and you can also take HF exams which would qualify you to join DNS later.
Quite a few DNS students have attended PTG prior to joining DNS.
Yr 1: The International Field of Practice
… where your team travels to Africa in your own bus.
- Travel overland to Guinea Bissau
- Do field investigations
- Learn about globalization and capitalism
- Share your experiences back in Europe
Yr 2: The European Field of Practice
… where you experience & influence a local community.
- Live in a European city with your team
- Learn from the working class
- Create campaigns to promote sustainability, peace & education in your local community
Yr 3: The School Reality
… wherer you learn the trade of a Teacher.
- Teach in a school in Denmark
- Create projects with your students
- Learn about pedagogical theories
- Hone your skills to become Another Kind of Teacher
Yr 4: Specialisation Year
Develop social and educational projects with your team mates
- Become an expert within your chosen field
- Put your skills and knowledge into practice
- Implement your own project somewhere in Europe